Re: Poor Read Performance with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 3.19.0-30 Kernel

I'm wondering if you are hitting the "bug" with the readahead changes?

I know the changes to limit readahead to 2MB was introduced in 3.15, but I
don't know if it was back ported into 3.13 or not. I have a feeling this may
also limit maximum request size to 2MB as well.

If you look in iostat do you see different request sizes between the two
kernels?

There is a 4.2 kernel with the readahead change reverted, it might be worth
testing it.

http://gitbuilder.ceph.com/kernel-deb-precise-x86_64-basic/ref/ra-bring-back
/