Re: rbd/rados packages in python virtual environment

Thanks Ken.
Does it mean we are going to have a pip package anytime soon? Redhat or Ubuntu ship anything currently?

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Ken Dreyer <kdreyer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 9:32 PM, shiva rkreddy <shiva.rkreddy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> Any one has tried installing python-rbd and python-rados packages in python
> virtual environment?
> We are planning to have openstack services(cinder/glance) run in the virtual
> environment. There are no pip install packages available for python-rbd and
> python-rados, atleast on pypi.python.org.
>
> Alternate is to copy the files manually or make own package.

This occasionally comes up in the context of openstack.

There is a Redmine ticket for it, at http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/5900

- Ken