Re: Issue with journal on another drive

I have some experience with Kingstons - which model do you plan to use?

Shorter version: don't use Kingstons. For anything. Ever.

Jan

On 30 Sep 2015, at 11:24, Andrija Panic <andrija.panic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Make sure to check this blog page http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/10/10/ceph-how-to-test-if-your-ssd-is-suitable-as-a-journal-device/

Since Im not sure if you are playing arround with CEPH, or plan it for production and good performance.
My experience SSD as journal: SSD Samsung 850 PRO = 200 IOPS sustained writes, vs Intel S3500 18.000 IOPS sustained writes - so you understand the difference,,,

regards