Changing monitors whilst running OpenNebula VMs

Hi,

I have also posted on the OpenNebula community forum (https://forum.opennebula.org/t/changing-ceph-monitors-for-running-vms/1266).

Does anyone have any experience of changing the monitors in their Ceph cluster whilst running OpenNebula VMs?

We have recently bought new hardware to replace our old Ceph monitors, I have replaced two of the three monitors in the Ceph cluster (one at a time, adding one then removing one). I have updated the CEPH_HOST property of our OpenNebula datastore and newly launched VMs pick this up and use the right mons. However VMs instantiated before I made this change are still using the old mons for CEPH_HOST. In practice they are all talking to the one original mon remaining as the others are no longer in the Ceph cluster and are now shutdown. I would very much like to migrate these remaining VMs to using the new mons, as I would like to remove the remaining old one (and it is precarious having them rely on a single host).

George Ryall

Scientific Computing | STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory | Harwell Oxford | Didcot | OX11 0QX