Re: Ceph incremental & external backup solution

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:13 PM, David Bayle <dbayle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just read this feature request: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/4444
>
> and I have a one quick question, I m looking for an external backup solution
> for ceph (like this for ZFS with zfs send snapshot | zfs receive snapshot )
> is there any mechanism or any solution than can serve this purpose ?
>
> As I don't see any resolution in this post, our goal is to have another
> solution to backup our production ceph; It could be another ceph in another
> datacenter or any other technology, do you have any idea ? I would look for
> an incremental solution saving from performance downgrades on production
> setup.

The ticket you've linked is marked as resolved: presumably from when
the rbd import/export functionality was added.  The "rbd export-diff"
and "rbd import-diff" are probably what you're looking for?  Some
scripting is required to apply these to many images at once.

John