Ceph incremental & external backup solution

Hi everyone,

I just read this feature request: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/4444

and I have a one quick question, I m looking for an external backup solution for ceph (like this for ZFS with zfs send snapshot | zfs receive snapshot ) is there any mechanism or any solution than can serve this purpose ?

As I don't see any resolution in this post, our goal is to have another solution to backup our production ceph; It could be another ceph in another datacenter or any other technology, do you have any idea ? I would look for an incremental solution saving from performance downgrades on production setup.

Best regards,

David.

--

David Bayle