Re: mds0: Client client008 failing to respond to capability release

On 21/09/15 16:32, John Spray wrote:
On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Kenneth Waegeman
<kenneth.waegeman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all!

A quick question:
We are syncing data over cephfs , and we are seeing messages in our output
like:

mds0: Client client008 failing to respond to capability release

What does this mean? I don't find information about this somewhere else.
It means the MDS thinks that client is exhibiting a buggy behaviour in
failing to respond to requests to release resources.

We are running ceph 9.0.3

On earlier versions, we often saw messages like 'failing to respond to cache
pressure',  is this related?
They're two different health checks that both indicate potential
problems with the clients.

What version of ceph-fuse or kernel client is in use?
ceph-fuse is used, also 9.0.3

John