Re: Hammer reduce recovery impact

Le 11/09/2015 00:20, Robert LeBlanc a écrit :
> I don't think the script will help our situation as it is just setting
> osd_max_backfill from 1 to 0. It looks like that change doesn't go
> into effect until after it finishes the PG.

That was what I was afraid of. Note that it should help a little anyway
(if not that's worrying, setting backfills to 0 completely should solve
your clients IO problems in a matter of minutes).
You may have better results by allowing backfills on only a few of your
OSD at a time. For example deep-scrubs were a problem on our
installation when at times there were several going on. We implemented a
scheduler that enforces limits on simultaneous deep-scrubs and these
problems are gone.
That's a last resort and rough around the edges but if every other means
of reducing the impact on your clients has failed, that's the best you
can hope for.

Lionel