Re: high density machines

I think the 72 disk box is one unit, it's the fat twins have 12x3.5" +
2x2.5" per sled, or 56 drives per 4U.

That other server you linked is pretty similar to the fat twins sleds but
the only disadvantage I can see is that it is single PSU and 1 less 2.5"
drive. Unless you can spread your crush map over sufficient different number
of PDU's/feeds, I would be wary about running single PSU nodes as you could
have a 50% cluster  failure quite easily.