Re: SSD test results with Plextor M6 Pro, HyperX Fury, Kingston V300, ADATA SP90

Hi Jan,

I am building two new clusters for testing. I been reading your messages
on the mailing list for a while now and want to thank you for your support.

I can redo all the numbers, but is your question to run all the test
again with [hdparm -W 1 /dev/sdc]? Please tell me what else you would
like to see test, commands?

My experience was that enabling disk cache causes about a 45%
performance drop, iops=25690 vs iops=46185

I am going to test DT01ACA300 vs WD1003FBYZ disks with SV300S37A ssd's
in my other two three node ceph clusters.

What is your advice on making hdparm and possible scheduler (noop)
changes persistent (cmd in rc.local or special udev rules, examples?)

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong