Re: Ceph Design

I would suggest splitting OSDs across two or more SSD journals (depending on OSD write speed and SSD sustained speed limits)

e.g 2x Intel S3700 400GB for 8-10 OSDs or 4x Intel S3500 300GB for 8-10 OSDs (it may vary depending on the setup)

If you RAID-1 SSD journals they will potentially "wear out" in the same time due to writes happening on both of them.

You only going to get journal write performance penalty with RAID-1.

Dominik