Re: CephFS vs RBD

RBD can be safely mounted on multiple machines at once, but the file
system has to be designed for such scenarios. File systems like ext,
xfs, btrfs, etc are only designed to be accessed by a single system.
Clustered file systems like OCFS, GFS, etc are designed to have
multiple discrete machines access the file system at the same time. As
long as you use a clustered file system on RBD, you will be OK.
Now, if that performs better than CephFS, is a question you will have
to answer through testing.
Robert LeBlanc
PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1