Re: CephFS vs RBD

Hi Hadi,

AFAIK, you can’t safely mount RBD as R/W on multiple machines. You could re-export the RBD as NFS, but that’ll introduce a bottleneck and probably tank your performance gains over CephFS.

For what it’s worth, some of our RBDs are mapped to multiple machines, mounted read-write on one and read-only on the others. We haven’t seen any strange effects from that, but I seem to recall it being ill advised.

—Lincoln