Re: External XFS Filesystem Journal on OSD

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Quentin Hartman <qhartman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for sharing this info. I've been toying with doing this very thing... How did you measure the performance? I'm specifically looking at reducing the IO load on my spinners and it seems the xfs journaling process is eating a lot of my IO. My queues on my OSD drives frequently get into the 500 ballpark which makes for sad VMs.

ceph tell bench and also via some mixed IO fio runs on the OSD partition while the OSD it hosted was offline.

--
David Burley
NOC Manager, Sr. Systems Programmer/Analyst

e: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx