Re: Client - Server Version Dependencies

On 07-07-15 19:45, Eino Tuominen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to find documentation about version dependencies. I understand that a newer client (librados) should always be able to talk to an older server, but how about the other way round?

For example a Firefly (0.80.X) client can talk to a Hammer (0.94.X)
cluster. I would always recommend that IF the client runs an older
version that you make sure that it's at least running the latest point
release in that series.

Sometimes new CRUSH tunables are introduced and those are not supported
by older clients. So if you don't change anything to your CRUSH settings
it will work with an older version.

That is with LTS releases. A 0.90 client should be able to talk to
Hammer as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

Wido