Re: Very low 4k randread performance ~1000iops

Hi Tuomos,

Can you paste the command you ran to do the test?

Thanks,
Mark

On 06/30/2015 12:18 PM, Tuomas Juntunen wrote:
Hi

It’s not probably hitting the disks, but that really doesn’t matter. The
point is we have very responsive VM’s while writing and that is what the
users will see.

The iops we get with sequential read is good, but the random read is way
too low.

Is using SSD’s as OSD’s the only way to get it up? or is there some
tunable which would enhance it? I would assume Linux caches reads in
memory and serves them from there, but atleast now we don’t see it.

Br,

Tuomas