which version of ceph with my kernel 3.14 ?

Hello,

I have installed a ceph firefly (0.80) on my system last year.
I run a 3.14.43 kernel (I upgraded it recently from 3.14.4). ceph seems to be working well in most cases, though I haven't used it in real production mode as of now.
The only thing I noticed recently was some Input/Output Error on a replicated block-device that I mounted successively on a node, then another when I stopped brutally the first one, then back on the first node, but I'm not asking for help on this problem now, as long as I don't know more about it (ceph is probably not to incrimnate).

My question is :
should I upgrade ceph ?
do I take risks doing it ?
what would be the benefits ?
are there some behaviour changes that could cause problems ?

I make minimal use of ceph :
- 2 storage nodes only, with potentially several dozens of terabytes of disk, but probably not more than 32 GB of RAM
- use of ceph block-device only, to create a replicated partition with almost all the disk space to make backups on it

Thanks

Pascal