RGW access problem

Hello Ceph users,
I've been playing with Ceph using Ceph-Docker. It's a very nice project to get started using Ceph. However I hit a problem getting S3 and Swift access via RGW. The problem is described here
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-docker/issues/106
Everything (mon, osd, mds and rgw) runs in the same container.
You can get an idea how things are setup by inspecting the entrypoint script
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ceph/ceph-docker/master/demo/entrypoint.sh

The container does not run apache so the access goes through civetweb port 80.
Is this a problem?
The container exposes the following ports
6789 6800 6801 6802 6803 6804 6805 80
More here
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-docker/tree/master/demo

It's not just bucket creation which fails but listing buckets does not work too and so I guess authentication is broken. Perhaps I'm missing something simple.

Any help debugging and troubleshooting this will be much appreciated. Thanks
Igor