Re: How does CephFS export storage?

Hah! Nice way to invoke Cunningham's Law ;)

> how does cephfs export storage to client?

Ceph exports storage via it's own protocol... the RADOS protocol for
object IO and a sort of "CephFS" protocol to overlay filesystem
semantics on top of RADOS. Ceph doesn't use NFS or iSCSI itself --
clients "mount" CephFS using the Ceph kernel or FUSE client.

It is however possible to re-export a mounted CephFS filesystem using
another protocol like NFS or SMB/CIFS. And it is also possible to
reexport a Ceph "RADOS Block Device" (RBD) using the iSCSI protocol.
In all of these "re-export" cases some non-Ceph software is used to do
the exporting.

Hope that helps,

Dan