Re: Ceph RBD and Cephfuse

Hi Lars,

           We installed centos in client machines with kernel version is 3.10 which is rbd supported modules. Now installed ocsfs2-tools and formated but mount through error. Please check below.

mount -t ocfs2 /dev/rbd/rbd/newinteg /home/test/cide
mount.ocfs2: Unable to access cluster service while trying initialize cluster

mkfs.ocfs2  /dev/rbd/rbd/newinteg
mkfs.ocfs2 1.6.4
Cluster stack: classic o2cb
Label:
Features: sparse backup-super unwritten inline-data strict-journal-super xattr
Block size: 4096 (12 bits)
Cluster size: 4096 (12 bits)
Volume size: 73400320000 (17920000 clusters) (17920000 blocks)
Cluster groups: 556 (tail covers 17920 clusters, rest cover 32256 clusters)
Extent allocator size: 12582912 (3 groups)
Journal size: 268435456
Node slots: 8
Creating bitmaps: done
Initializing superblock: done
Writing system files: done
Writing superblock: done
Writing backup superblock: 4 block(s)
Formatting Journals:
done
Growing extent allocator: done
Formatting slot map: done
Formatting quota files: done
Writing lost+found: done
mkfs.ocfs2 successful

Regards
Prabu

---- On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 16:18:53 +0530 Lars Marowsky-Bree<lmb@xxxxxxxx> wrote ----
On 2015-06-02T15:40:54, gjprabu <gjprabu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> We are newly using ceph with two OSD and two clients, our requirement is when we write date through clients it should see in another client also, storage is mounted using rbd because we running git clone with large amount of small file and it is fast when use rbd mount, but data not sync in both the clients.

What file system are you using on top of RBD for this purpose? To
achieve this goal, you'd need to use a cluster-aware file system (with
all the complexity that entails) like OCFS2 or GFS2.

You cannot mount something like XFS/btrfs/ext4 multiple times; that
will, in fact, corrupt your data and likely crash the client's
kernels.

Regards,
Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)