Re: How to backup hundreds or thousands of TB

For me personally I would always feel more comfortable with backups on a completely different storage technology.

Whilst there are many things you can do with snapshots and replication, there is always a small risk that whatever causes data loss on your primary system may affect/replicate to your 2nd copy.

I guess it all really depends on what you are trying to protect against, but Tape still looks very appealing if you want to maintain a completely isolated copy of data.