НА: НА: Turning on rbd cache safely

Hi!

>Which ceph.conf do you talk about ?
>The one on host server (on which vm is running) ?

Yes, that ceph.conf on client host, which is not part of a ceph cluster
(no OSD, no MON) and it used solely to run VMs with RBD backend.

>Interesting, can you explain this please ?

I think, that libvirt "cache=writeback" option turns on rbd cache only
for VM, where it specified. But, if you have a "client" section with
enabled rbd cache in ceph.conf on client node (as I have), it
overrides per-VM setting.

So writeback cache is always used (maybe by librbd backend itself),
even "cache=none" specified in VM config.

Megov Igor
CIO Yuterra