Re: can't delete buckets in radosgw after i recreated the radosgw pools

On 04/29/2015 07:55 AM, Makkelie, R (ITCDCC) - KLM wrote:
> i first had some major disaster i had 12 incomplete pgs that couldn't be fixed. (due to several harddisk failures at once)
> alls these incomplete pgs where all in the ".rgw" and ".rgw.buckets" pools
>
> so the only option i could think of is to take my loses and delete and recreate those pools.
>
> the only issue now is that radosgw still think there is data because its showing my old directories
>
> i tried:
> - deleting bucket with recursive option
> - scan and fix buckets
> - delete user
>
> and i can't do any of these things because he wants to remove them but it can't because it receives a 404
> i even upgraded to the latest giant release but no luck so far
>
> does any one have a idea?
>
> greetz
> Ramonskie

I encountered the same problem while testing different recovery scenarios. What worked for me:

Create a bucket (directory) with the same name (as an existing deleted bucket)
Then, Delete the bucket

I used the Python S3 API to do it because the non-existent buckets were only seen via the S3 API and the radosgw-admin could not see them anymore.

hope that helps,
Colin