Re: Cost- and Powerefficient OSD-Nodes

> We tested the m500 960GB for journaling and found at most it could journal
> 3 spinner OSDs. I'd strongly recommend you avoid the Crucial consumer
> drives based on our testing/usage. We ended up journaling those to the
> spinner itself and getting better performance. Also, I wouldn't trust their
> power loss protection and would assume a host is dead if it ever powers
> down unexpectedly with those as journal devices.

The M500 was released over 2 years ago a lot has happened in the SSD
market since then.

New controller, new NAND-Chips (M500 - 20nm, MX200 - 16nm).

I will take a very close look on the performance though and will
definitely compare with non-ssd-journals.

Thanks for the heads up, the nice thing about those 250GB SSDs is..
I can just put them into desktops or notebooks if they are not suited
for the cluster.

___
Dominik