Re: Serving multiple applications with a single cluster

cluster

> Hi Nick,
>
> Thanks for answering.
>
> Each application runs on its own cluster (these are Glassfish clusters,
and are
> distributed as nodes appA01, appA02,..., appB01, appB02, etc) and each
node
> on the cluster has to have access to the same files.
> Currently we are using NFS for this, but it has its limitations (max size,
HA).

Yes this would be the main advantage of using CephFS, but as you have stated
it might not give you the security functionality.

> I guess if I could just mount the same pool on each cluster node, it would
> work (say poolA on appA01 and appA02, poolB on appB01 and appB02), but
> this is not possible with RBD, right?

RBD is not the problem, you can map it as many times as you want, but the
filesystem needs to support it. The only possible option would be
Pacemaker+NFS but I see above you see this as not meeting your requirements.
I'm not sure what else to suggest.