Re: Is CephFS ready for production?

Sage,
Thanks for your comments.

In other word, CephFs is ready enough for production, but need a good baby sitter to look after her. I will make a test for CephFs, if any question, I will let you know.

Best Regards
-- Ray

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 11:27 PM, Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, Ray Sun wrote:
> Cephers,
> Many people told me ceph is ready for production except the cephFS, is this
> true? Any why it is? Can any one explain this to me? Thanks a lot.

"Ready for production" is a subjective judgement call.  The reason why we
are cautious when recommending it is that there is not a fully functioning
fsck, so you should be careful what kind of data you store on it.  We do
have some limited check and disaster recovery tools, but they aren't
complete or friendly; if you hit a corruption bug that we haven't you may
need help from developers to fix it.  That said, I don't think we have
seen a bug that brought down the system in a while.

See

        http://ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/early-adopters/

Thanks!
sage