Re: deep scrubbing causes osd down

On 13 April 2015 at 16:00, Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
However the vast majority of people with production clusters will be
running something "stable", mostly Firefly at this moment.

> Sorry, 0.87 is giant.
>
> BTW, you could also set osd_scrub_sleep to your cluster. ceph would
> sleep some time as you defined when it has scrub some objects.
> But I am not sure whether is could works good to you.

Yeah, that bit is backported to Firefly and can definitely help, however
the suggested initial value is too small for most people who have scrub
issues, starting with 0.5 seconds and see how it goes seems to work better.

Thanks xinze, Christian.

Yah, I'm on 0.87 in production - I can wait for the next release :)

In the meantime, from the prior msgs I've set this:

[osd]
osd_scrub_chunk_min = 1
osd_scrub_chunk_max = 5
osd_scrub_sleep = 0.5

Do the values look ok? is the [osd] section the right spot?

Thanks - Lindsay

--
Lindsay