Re: deep scrubbing causes osd down

On 13 April 2015 at 11:02, Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, that's a request/question that comes up frequently.
And so far there's no option in Ceph to do that (AFAIK), it would be
really nice along with scheduling options (don't scrub during peak hours),
which have also been talked about.

I was just about to post a question on that ... :)

Just had devs and support bitching to me that all their VM's were running like dogs (they were). Ceph decided to run a deep scrub Monday afternoon.

It boggles me that there are no options for controlling the schedule, considering how critically important the timing is. I'd be happy to run a deep scrub ever night at 1am. Anytime during the day is a disaster.

So currently I have noscrub and nodeep-scrub set which is really less than ideal.

--
Lindsay