Re: live migration fails with image on ceph

On 04/08/2015 09:37 PM, Yuming Ma (yumima) wrote:
Josh,

I think we are using plain live migration and not mirroring block drives
as the other test did.

Do you have the migration flags or more from the libvirt log? Also
which versions of qemu is this?

The libvirt log message about qemuMigrationCancelDriveMirror from your
first email is suspicious. Being unable to stop it may mean it was not running (fine, but libvirt shouldn't have tried to stop it), or it kept running (bad esp. if it's trying to copy to the same rbd).

What are the chances or scenario that disk image
can be corrupted during the live migration for both source and target
are connected to the same volume and RBD caches is turned on:

Generally rbd caching with live migration is safe. The way to get
corruption is to have drive-mirror try to copy over the rbd on the
destination while the source is still using the disk...

Did you observe fs corruption after a live migration, or just other odd
symptoms? Since a reboot fixed it, it sounds more like memory corruption
to me, unless it was fsck'd during reboot.

Josh