Re: Radosgw GC parallelization

Hi,

the following parameters can be used to have more GC processing and more efficient
- rgw_gc_max_objs defaults to 32
- rgw_gc_obj_min_wait defaults to 2 * 3600
- rgw_gc_processor_max_time defaults to 3600
- rgw_gc_processor_period defaults to 3600

It is recommended to set rgw_gc_max_objs with a prime number rather than the default value of 32 to have a better dispersion on the objects across the GC buckets. The minimum action here is to set this value to either 31 or to a higher prime number such as 97 for example.

You can then play with the other parameters so that objects are picked up faster by the GC process and let the GC process run for longer period of time rather than the default values.

This way you can adjust to your particular environment

JC