Re: Slow performance during recovery operations

On 04/06/2015 02:54, Lionel Bouton wrote:

>> I have never tested these parameters (osd_disk_thread_ioprio_priority and
>> osd_disk_thread_ioprio_class), but did you check that the I/O scheduler of
>> the disks is cfq?
>
> Yes I did.

Ah ok. It was just in case. :)

>>  Because, if I understand well, these parameters have no
>> effect if the I/O scheduler is no cfq
>
> AFAIK cfq is the only elevator supporting priorities in the mainline kernel.

Ok.

>> By the way, even if I don't use these parameters, should I use cfq I/O
>> scheduler instead of deadline? Is there a best I/O scheduler for Ceph?
>
> It probably depends on your actual workload. It may depend on your
> hardware too: some benchmarks have shown it to perform faster on HDD but
> slower than deadline or noop on SSD.

Interesting...

I have only HDD (no SSD) and currently the I/O scheduler is "deadline"
(the default scheduler of my Ubuntu Trusty). So, I'll think about
switching from "deadline" to "cfq"...

Thanks for your answer Lionel. ;)

--
François Lafont