Re: Establishing the Ceph Board

Patrick,

I'm not sure where you are at with forming this. I would love to be considered.

Previously I've contributed commits (mostly CephFS kernel side) and
I'd love to contribute more there. Usually the hardest part about
these kinds of things is finding the time to participate. Since Ceph
is a project I believe in / care about it's success rest assured I can
make the time for this to happen. I currently am the CTO of Adfin, but
for the prepuces of this I rather have it unaffiliated / be a
independent community member.

Thanks,
- Milosz

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Patrick McGarry <pmcgarry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Cephers,
>
> It looks like the governance work that has been going on for so long
> is (finally!) getting ready to come to fruition. If you would like
> more information feel free to check out the docs from CDS available
> at:
>
> http://wiki.ceph.com/Planning/Blueprints/Infernalis/Ceph_Governance
>
> What I need now is to start gathering the people/orgs that would be
> interested in participating in a Ceph Board. My goal is to involve the
> founding members in finalizing the documents and procedures so that it
> isn't just arbitrary stuff made up by one monkey. If you are
> interested in being a part of the Ceph Board please email me the
> following information:
>
> Name
> Organization/Affiliation
> Resources you might contribute (money, time, developers, your own commits, etc)
>
> That should be enough to start a dialogue. My goal here is to get a
> small group of people that can help refine the governance docs, build
> the board, and ensure the longterm health of Ceph. As always if you
> have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks!
>

> --
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Patrick McGarry
> Director Ceph Community || Red Hat