Re: running Qemu / Hypervisor AND Ceph on the same nodes

This is definitely something that we've discussed, though I don't think anyone has really planned out what a complete solution would look like including processor affinity, etc. Before I joined inktank I worked at a supercomputing institute and one of the projects we worked on was to develop grid computing tools for bioinformatics research. Moving analytics rather than the data was a big topic for us too since genomics data at least tends to be pretty big. Potentially ceph could be a very interesting solution for that kind of thing.

Mark