Re: error creating image in rbd-erasure-pool

Hi Greg,

Thank you for this clarification. It helps a lot.

Does this "can't think of any issues" apply to both rbd and pool snapshots ?

Frederic.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Brendan Moloney <moloney@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hi Loic and Markus,
>> By the way, Inktank do not support snapshot of a pool with cache tiering :
>>
>>    * https://download.inktank.com/docs/ICE%201.2%20-%20Cache%20and%20Erasure%20Coding%20FAQ.pdf
>
> Hi,
>
> You seem to be talking about pool snapshots rather than RBD snapshots.  But in the linked document it is not clear that there is a distinction:
>
>     Can I use snapshots with a cache tier?
>     Snapshots are not supported in conjunction with cache tiers.
>
> Can anyone clarify if this is just pool snapshots?

I think that was just a decision based on the newness and complexity
of the feature for product purposes. Snapshots against cache tiered
pools certainly should be fine in Giant/Hammer and we can't think of
any issues in Firefly off the tops of our heads.
-Greg

Cordialement,

Frédéric Nass.