Re: arm cluster install

Yann, Thanks for the info. Its been a great help.

On 23 Mar 2015 14:44, "Yann Dupont - Veille Techno" <veilletechno-irts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 22/03/2015 22:44, hp cre a écrit :

Hello Yann,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately,  I found it by chance during a search, since you didn't include me in the reply, I never got it on my email.

Well that wasn't intended, but that's because I replied to the list, which is usually the way I do.

I am interested in what you mentioned so far. I'm not looking into making any production grade cluster,  just a couple of nodes for testing ceph and its failure scenarios.

Current ubuntu and Debian based distributions for Banana pro are based on kernel 3.4.103. I see you used a more recent kernel,  did you get it ready made or you compiled it yourself ?

I compiled it myself. Since 3.18 kernel, upstreaming efforts of sunxi community are paying off (thanks to them), and we now have all pieces for having a complete vanilla kernel support , at least for all server-relevant components.

I actually have the choice now of attaching the osd disks via either sata or usb. In buying those Chinese 16gb ssd disks. They are good for i/o but not for write speed.

Well as I said, Sata port on A20 is currently limited regarding write speed anyway. So depending on your workload, you may not find a big difference really.

Cheers,