arm cluster install

Hello all,  I'm currently studying the possibility of creating a small ceph cluster on arm nodes.

The reasonably priced boards I found (like the banana pi/pro, Orange pi/pro/h3, etc..) most have either dual core or quad core Allwinner chips and 1GB RAM. They also use a micro sd card for os and a sata drive connection.

Has anyone ever tried a deployment like this? I want to know if that hardware is enough to create a usable cluster.

I dont want loads of storage,  just want to end up with a responsive os and a 10 gb storage pool.

Beyond the basic minimum hardware listed on the ceph documents,  i haven't found much info on this.  The pilot implementation with startup company calxeda was on 64-bit arm boards,  not 32-bit,  and they were a custom spec.

Any ideas welcome.  Thanks.