From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ilya Dryomov
Sent: 06 March 2015 15:09
To: Nick Fisk
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Strange krbd behaviour with queue depths

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM, Nick Fisk <nick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I’m seeing a strange queue depth behaviour with a kernel mapped RBD,
> librbd does not show this problem.
>

> Cluster is comprised of 4 nodes, 10GB networking, not including OSDs
> as test sample is small so fits in page cache.

What do you mean by "not including OSDs"?

Which kernel is this on?  Is kernel client mapped on a separate node?

Thanks,

                Ilya

Nick Fisk
Technical Support Engineer

System Professional Ltd
tel: 01825 830000
mob: 07711377522
fax: 01825 830001
mail: Nick.Fisk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: www.sys-pro.co.uk<http://www.sys-pro.co.uk>

IT SUPPORT SERVICES | VIRTUALISATION | STORAGE | BACKUP AND DR | IT CONSULTING

Registered Office:
Wilderness Barns, Wilderness Lane, Hadlow Down, East Sussex, TN22 4HU
Registered in England and Wales.
Company Number: 04754200

Confidentiality: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.

Security Warning: Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. Any views expressed in this e-mail message are those of the individual and not necessarily those of the company or any of its subsidiaries.