Implement replication network with live cluster

Hi,

I'm having a live cluster with only public network (so no explicit network configuraion in the ceph.conf file)

I'm wondering what is the procedure to implement dedicated Replication/Private and Public network.
I've read the manual, know how to do it in ceph.conf, but I'm wondering since this is already running cluster - what should I do after I change ceph.conf on all nodes ?
Restarting OSDs one by one, or... ? Is there any downtime expected ? - for the replication network to actually imlemented completely.

Another related quetion:

Also, I'm demoting some old OSDs, on old servers, I will have them all stoped, but would like to implement replication network before actually removing old OSDs from crush map - since lot of data will be moved arround.

My old nodes/OSDs (that will be stoped before I implement replication network) - do NOT have dedicated NIC for replication network, in contrast to new nodes/OSDs. So there will be still reference to these old OSD in the crush map.
Will this be a problem - me changing/implementing replication network that WILL work on new nodes/OSDs, but not on old ones since they don't have dedicated NIC ? I guess not since old OSDs are stoped anyway, but would like opinion.

Or perhaps i might remove OSD from crush map with prior seting of    nobackfill and   norecover (so no rebalancing happens) and then implement replication netwotk?

Sorry for old post, but...

Thanks,
--

Andrija Panić