Re: RadosGW S3ResponseError: 405 Method Not Allowed

On 27/02/2015, at 19.02, Steffen W Sørensen <stefws@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Into which pool does such user data (buckets and objects) gets stored and possible howto direct user data into a dedicated pool?
>
> [root@rgw ~]# rados df
> pool name       category                 KB      objects       clones     degraded      unfound           rd        rd KB           wr        wr KB
> .intent-log     -                          0            0            0            0           0            0            0            0            0
> .log            -                          1            1            0            0           0            0            0            2            2
> .rgw            -                          1            4            0            0           0           17           14           10            4
> .rgw.buckets    -                          0            0            0            0           0            0            0            0            0
> .rgw.buckets.extra -                          0            0            0            0           0            0            0            0            0
> .rgw.buckets.index -                          0            1            0            0           0            2            0            3            0
> .rgw.control    -                          0            8            0            0           0            0            0            0            0
> .rgw.gc         -                          0           32            0            0           0         8302         8302         5556            0
> .rgw.root       -                          1            3            0            0           0          929          618            3            3
> .usage          -                          0            0            0            0           0            0            0            0            0
> .users          -                          1            1            0            0           0            6            4            5            3
> .users.email    -                          1            1            0            0           0            3            2            5            3
> .users.swift    -                          0            0            0            0           0            0            0            0            0
> .users.uid      -                          1            2            0            0           0           65           54           16            4
So it's mapped into a zone (at least on my Giant version 0.87)
and in my simple non-federated config it's in the default region+zone:

[root@rgw ~]# radosgw-admin region list
{ "default_info": { "default_region": "default"},
  "regions": [
        "default"]}
[root@rgw ~]# radosgw-admin zone list
{ "zones": [
        "default"]}

[root@rgw ~]# radosgw-admin region get
{ "name": "default",
  "api_name": "",
  "is_master": "true",
  "endpoints": [],
  "master_zone": "",
  "zones": [
        { "name": "default",
          "endpoints": [],
          "log_meta": "false",
          "log_data": "false"}],
  "placement_targets": [
        { "name": "default-placement",
          "tags": []}],
  "default_placement": "default-placement"}

[root@rgw ~]# radosgw-admin zone get
{ "domain_root": ".rgw",
  "control_pool": ".rgw.control",
  "gc_pool": ".rgw.gc",
  "log_pool": ".log",
  "intent_log_pool": ".intent-log",
  "usage_log_pool": ".usage",
  "user_keys_pool": ".users",
  "user_email_pool": ".users.email",
  "user_swift_pool": ".users.swift",
  "user_uid_pool": ".users.uid",
  "system_key": { "access_key": "",
      "secret_key": ""},
  "placement_pools": [
        { "key": "default-placement",
          "val": { "index_pool": ".rgw.buckets.index",
              "data_pool": ".rgw.buckets",
              "data_extra_pool": ".rgw.buckets.extra"}}]}

and my user if associated with the default region+zone, thus it's data goes into .rgw.buckets + .rgw.buckets.index [+ .rgw.buckets.extra]
Buckets seems a naming container at the radosgw level, above the underlying Ceph pool abstraction level, 'just' providing object persistence for radosgw abstraction/object FS on top of Ceph Pools... I think.

So more users associated with same region+zone can share buckets+objects?

Would be nice with a drawing showing abstractions at the different levels possible woth links to details on administration at different levels :)
Lot of stuff to grasp for a newbie just in the need of a S3 service for an App usage :)

/Steffen