From: "Brian Andrus" <bandrus@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "SUNDAY A. OLUTAYO" <olutayo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "LOPEZ Jean-Charles" <jelopez@xxxxxxxxxx>, ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:23:50 PM
Subject: Re: Updating monmap

Hi Sunday,

did you verify the contents of your monmap? In general, the procedure might look something like this:
  • ceph-mon -i <id> --extract-monmap /tmp/monmap
  • monmaptool --print /tmp/monmap
  • monmaptool --rm <old_mon_id> --add <new_mon_id> <new_mon_ip_and_port> --clobber /tmp/monmap
  • monmaptool --print /tmp/monmap
at this point, the monmap should look as you intend it to, with the old monitor removed and new monitor properly listed. Stop all ceph monitor daemons and inject the monmap to each one, then start them.
  • stop ceph-mon
  • ceph-mon -i <id> --inject-monmap /tmp/monmap
  • start ceph-mon