De: "pixelfairy" <pixelfairy@xxxxxxxxx>
À: "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Mardi 10 Février 2015 11:38:48
Objet:  stuck with dell perc 710p / (aka mega raid 2208?)

Im stuck with these servers with dell perc 710p raid cards. 8 bays,
looking at a pair of 256gig ssds in raid 1 for / and journals, the
rest as 4tb sas we already have.

since that card refuses jbod, we made them all single disk raid0, then
pulled one as a test. putting it back, its state is "foreign" and
there doesnt seem to be anything that can change this from omconfig,
the om web ui, or idrac web ui. is there any way to restore this? does
the machine need to be rebooted to fix it?

lspci reports these to be lsi mega raid 2208 thunderbolt, has anyone
here used the perc 710p with the mega raid utilities under ubuntu
14.04?

if it really is only fixable from the bios (needing to reboot), were
looking at putting in lsi 9211 cards