Re: cephfs-fuse: set/getfattr, change pools

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Daniel Schneller
<daniel.schneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now, say I wanted to put /baremetal into a different pool, how would I go
> about this?
>
> Can I setfattr on the /cephfs mountpoint and assign it a different pool with
> e. g. different replication settings?

This should make it clearer:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/file-layouts/#inheritance-of-layouts

When you change the layout of a directory, the new layout will only
apply to newly created files: it will not trigger any data movement.

If you explicitly change the layout of a file containing data to point
to a different pool, then you will see zeros when you try to read it
back (although new data will be written to the new pool).  You could
probably script movement of file data objects to the new layout's pool
if you were sufficiently motivated, but in general it's expected that
file data stays where it was created.

John