cephfs-fuse: set/getfattr, change pools

Hi!

We have a CephFS directory /baremetal mounted as /cephfs via FUSE on our clients.
There are no specific settings configured for /baremetal.
As a result, trying to get the directory layout via getfattr does not work

getfattr -n 'ceph.dir.layout' /cephfs
/cephfs: ceph.dir.layout: No such attribute

Using a dummy file I can work around this to get at least at the pool name:

➜ touch dummy.txt
➜ getfattr -n 'ceph.file.layout' dummy.txt
# file: dummy.txt
ceph.file.layout="stripe_unit=4194304 stripe_count=1 object_size=4194304 pool=cephfs"

(BTW: Why doesn't getfattr -d -m - dummy.txt show any of the Ceph attributes?)

Now, say I wanted to put /baremetal into a different pool, how would I go about this?

Can I setfattr on the /cephfs mountpoint and assign it a different pool with e. g. different replication settings?

Or would I need to mount the CephFS / directory somewhere and modify the settings for /baremetal from there?

Can I change this after the fact at all, or do I have to mount both pools at the same time and move data between them manually?

Thanks a lot!

Daniel