Re: estimate the impact of changing pg_num

Hi,
When do you see thousands of slow requests during recovery... Does that happen even with single OSD failures? You should be able to recover disks without slow requests.

I always run with recovery op priority at the minimum 1. Tweaking the number of max backfills did not change much during that recent splitting exercise.

Which Ceph version are you running? There have been snap trim related recovery problems that have only recently been fixed in production releases. 0.80.8 is OK, but I don't know about giant...

Cheers, Dan