estimate the impact of changing pg_num

Hi folks,

I was running a ceph cluster with 33 OSDs. More recently, 33x6 new OSDs hosted on 33 new servers were added, and I have finished balancing the data and then marked the 33 old OSDs out.

As I have 6x as many OSDs, I am thinking of increasing pg_num of my largest pool from 1k to at least 8k. What worries me is that this cluster has around 10M objects and is supporting many production VMs with RBD.

I am wondering if there is a good way to estimate the amount of data that will be shuffled after I increase the PG_NUM. I want to make sure this can be done within a reasonable amount of time, such that I can declare a proper maintenance window (either over night, or throughout a weekend..)

Thanks!
-Simon