Re: chattr +i not working with cephfs

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Gregory Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My concern is whether we as the FS are responsible for doing anything
> more than storing and returning that immutable flag — are we supposed
> to block writes to anything that has it set? That could be much
> trickier...

The VFS layer is checking the flag for us, but some filesystems do
have paths where they need to do their own too (e.g. XFS has various
ioctls that do explicit checks too).  It's also up to us to publish
the S_IMMUTABLE bit to the i_flags attribute of the generic inode,
based on wherever/however we store the flag ourselves.

Fuse doesn't seem to have a path for us to update i_flags though, so
it might be that we either have to extend that interface or do the
checking ourselves in userspace in order to support it there.

John