Re: Different flavors of storage?

Hi Don,

Take a look at CRUSH settings.
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/

Jason

OK, I've set up 'giant' in a single-node cluster, played with a replicated pool and an EC pool.  All goes well so far.  Question: I have two different kinds of HDD in my server - some fast, 15K RPM SAS drives and some big, slow (5400 RPM!) SATA drives.

Right now, I have OSDs on all, and when I created my pool, it got spread over all of these drives like peanut butter.

The documentation (e.g., the documentation on cache tiering) hints that its possible to differentiate fast from slow devices, but for the life of me, I can't see how to create a pool on specific OSDs.  So it must be done some different way...

Can someone please provide a pointer?

Regards,

-don-