Re: Create file bigger than osd

Hi,

Am 19.01.15 um 12:47 schrieb Luis Periquito:
> Each object will get mapped to a different PG. The size of an OSD will
> affect its weight and the number of PGs assigned to it, so a smaller OSD
> will get less PGs.
Great! Good to know, thanks a lot!
> And BTW, with a replica of 3, a 2TB will need 6TB of storage - each object
> is replicated 3 times, so taking up triple the space.

of course, small typo.

I'm just trying to debug a situation which filled my cluster/osds tonight.

We are currently running a small testcluster:

3 mon's
2 mds (active + standby)
2 nodes = 2x12x410G HDD/OSDs

A user created a 500G rbd-volume. First I thought the 500G rbd may have
caused the osd to fill, but after reading your explainnations this seems
impossible.
I just found another 500G file created by this user in cephfs, may this
have caused the trouble?

Thanks a lot for your fast support!

Fabian