Re: Create file bigger than osd

I'm just trying to debug a situation which filled my cluster/osds tonight.

We are currently running a small testcluster:

3 mon's
2 mds (active + standby)
2 nodes = 2x12x410G HDD/OSDs

A user created a 500G rbd-volume. First I thought the 500G rbd may have
caused the osd to fill, but after reading your explainnations this seems
impossible.
I just found another 500G file created by this user in cephfs, may this
have caused the trouble?

What is the current issue? Cluster near-full? cluster too-full? Can you send the output of ceph -s?

If this is the case you can look at the output of ceph df detail to figure out which pool is using the disk space. How many PGs these pools have? can you send the output of ceph df detail and ceph osd dump | grep pool?
Is there anything else on these nodes taking up disk space? Like the journals...

With that setup (and 3x replication) you should be able to store around 1-1.2T without any warnings, but that will depend on PG distribution which is hard to predict...

Thanks a lot for your fast support!

Fabian