Re: Weighting question

The meant-for-human-consumption free space estimates and things won't be accurate if you weight evenly instead of by size, but otherwise things should work just fine -- you'll simply get full OSD warnings when you have 1TB/OSD.
-Greg
On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 3:10 PM Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 08:27:33 AM Dyweni - Ceph-Users wrote:
> I suspect a better configuration would be to leave your weights alone
> and to
> change your primary affinity so that the osd with the ssd is used first.

Interesting

>   You
> might a little improvement on the writes (since the spinners have to
> work too),
> but the reads should have the most improvement (since ceph only has to
> read
> from the ssd).

Couple of things:
- The SSD will be partitioned for each OSD to have a journal

- I thought Journals were for writes only, not reads?

--